Oyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel
*Rolex’s suggested retail price before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model Case: Oyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel
- Bezel: Smooth
- Water-Resistance: Waterproof to 100 meters / 330 feet
- Movement: Perpetual, mechanical , self-winding , with a magnetic shield to protect the movement
- Calibre: 3131, Manufacture Rolex
- Power Reserve: Approximately 48 hours
- Bracelet: Oyster, flat three-piece links
- Dial: Z-blue
- Certification: Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
THE SCIENTIST’S WATCH
The reliability and precision of an ordinary mechanical watch can be affected by a magnetic field of 50 to 100 gauss. But many scientists are exposed to much higher magnetic fields during the course of their work. Rolex’s solution was the Rolex Milgauss, created in 1956, and resistant to 1000 gauss. Hence the name of the watch, mille being French for thousand.